Long-term or permanent weight loss can only be achieved through adoption of a healthy lifestyle. There is no other way. Losing excess body fat and maintaining the weight loss involve more than following short-term diets. Weight loss is the added benefit of becoming healthy and fit by making smart choices on a daily basis. These choices include selection of low-calorie and low-fat foods, participation in regular or daily exercise, reduction or elimination of adverse habits, maintenance of adequate sleep hygiene, and adoption of stress-reducing strategies. Carrying excess body fat (overweight or obese) will significantly increase the risks of heart disease, diabetes (high blood sugar), hypertension (high blood pressure), low back pain, degenerative changes in the knees and ankles, gall bladder disease, gastric reflux disease (heartburn and other complications), some obstructive lung diseases, sleep apnea and some cancers.
In addition to the health concerns, the cosmetic effects of obesity may result in low self esteem or may become a source of anxiety, stress, depression, embarrassment or ridicule.
You may have tried every quick-fix weight loss scheme on the market, and you may have even achieved temporary success. Chances are, you kept off the pounds for a short time and may have gained back even more weight over the longer term. When faced with lifestyle changes, long term success in weight loss and management depends upon desire, motivation and commitment. Learn to make smart choices for yourself and your family.
The staff at Weight Management Clinic is ready to assist you in getting started on your program of weight reduction and long-term improvement in health.
INJECTIONS NOW AVAILABLE
We are now offering a select injection to aid our Weight Management Clinic patients. This injection is elective, and can be given at each clinic visit or at other intervals. The injection will not replace oral medications that are prescribed for weight reduction. We expect that some of our patients will request the injection, while others will not. Since the injection is elective, the choice to receive or to not receive the injection(s) will in no way affect your ability to have prescription medications to aid in your weight loss.
Here are the ingredients and a description of potential benefits from each:
1) Methionine is an essential amino acid and is an aid to two other amino acids, cysteine and taurine. Methionine deficiency develops with inadequate intake of the amino acid, mostly from low-meat diets or poor absorption (as can happen with stomach ulcers, gastritis, Xenical, and following gastric bypass surgery). Methionine is lipotropic, meaning that it assists in metabolizing fat.
2) Inositol is a co-enzyme that is required for the proper metabolism of fats. Inositol metabolizes fats and cholesterol and aids in transporting fat in the blood stream. It can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the likelihood of cholesterol settling in the walls of arteries. A lack of inositol has been shown to produce an accumulation of triglycerides in the liver (fatty liver). Also inositol is an important building block for cell walls and is necessary for normal nerve and brain function. Inositol is found in a variety of foods, but body stores of inositol can decreased during periods of dieting.
3) Choline is another co-enzyme that is required for the metabolism of fats (blend fats with water) and thus lead to transport of fats out of the liver. Choline deficiency leads to fatty liver. Also, choline is a building block for cell walls, and especially is a component of lecithin. Choline is part of a larger molecule called acetylcholine, one of the major neurotransmitters (chemicals) for normal brain and nerve function. Diets that are deficient in choline may lead to disorders in the liver, kidneys and brain.
4) B-complex vitamins included in this injection are riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), and cyanocobalamin (B12). These vitamins are essential for converting calories from protein, carbs and fats into energy. Deficiencies of B vitamins can occur in a number of clinical conditions, including dieting. Reduced amounts of these vitamins may lead to slowing of basal metabolism, reduced energy, blood disorders such as anemia, and abnormal functions in cells of many organs including the brain and nerves.
This mixture for injection is called MIC B-Complex, so named after the first letters of the components (Methionine, Inositol, Choline, B-complex vitamins). The standard dose is 2 cc given into a buttock muscle. Many weight loss clinics around the United States use this same formula for their patients. This formula has been available for over thirty (30) years and is safe. There are no known adverse effects from the injection. Some patients may feel a slight sting when the injection is given, but most feel nothing at all at the time of the shot. Please notify any staff member if you wish to receive the injection, whether at the time of your scheduled Weight Management Clinic appointment or at any other time. Cost is $25. per injection.
At the Weight Management Clinic, we will help you to:
- Focus on health and fitness
- Learn about the foods you eat
- Understand basics of exercise
- Make lifestyle changes for your overall health and weight
For most clients, we will recommend the use of prescription appetite suppressant medication or other types of medication, under medical supervision. The combination of a healthy diet, daily exercise, lifestyle changes and judicious use of medication will aid you in optimizing your weight and improving your health, both now and in the future.
When you are ready to get serious about your weight and health, call (334)671- 1694